Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC)
We believe that our patients and their families have a vital role in shaping the way Mass Eye and Ear establishes and delivers the very best in patient care. To that end, we have organized a dynamic Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC), which is facilitated by Lauren Briley and up to 12 outside volunteers.
Learn more about the PFAC in our Annual Report
Scroll down page to find Mass Eye and Ear's report
Please contact Lauren Briley at 617-573-3008 if you have a sincere interest in working to help us in the continuous process of improving the patient experience at Mass Eye and Ear and would like to be considered for potential PFAC membership.
- To improve the patient experience
- To ensure patient-centered care
- To ensure patients’ interests, needs and concerns are presented to, reviewed and addressed by our health care providers and hospital leadership
- To ensure that priorities and plans for the future of Mass Eye and Ear are aligned with best patient care and patient experience improvement practices
- To ensure our relationship with our patients, their families and/or guardians and the community at large is open, inclusive and responsive
The Mass Eye and Ear PFAC is always looking for members of the community who are interested in serving on our council and providing constructive advice and feedback on how to improve our patients’ experiences.
As PFAC vacancies arise, potential candidates will be contacted for an interview with Mass Eye and Ear staff and current PFAC members. Candidates who meet the following criteria are considered for appointment to the council:
- Recent care within the past two years at any location of Mass Eye and Ear
- Ability to serve on the council for two years with potential to renew for one additional year
- Attend six out of eight meetings per year
- Ability to work effectively in a collegial environment, to bring forward, consider and/or investigate relevant subject matter, make meaningful contributions to discussions, accept decisions reached by consensus, and support the resolutions of the PFAC