A chaplain is available to provide spiritual support to patients, families, staff and volunteers of all cultures and beliefs. To request a visit for spiritual care, please ask a staff member to place a request for a visit from spiritual care. The Chaplain can also be contacted at email@example.com or by calling Mass Eye and Ear’s Social Work Department at 617-573-3550.
Spiritual support can help when you:
- Have no nearby family and/or friends, or you just want someone to talk with or confide in
- Are preparing for a major procedure or feel distressed by difficult life issues or decisions
- Have suffered a recent loss or are struggling with finding or creating a sense of meaning in difficult times
- Would like a blessing, prayer, or meditation or are seeking support through your own religious or spiritual resources
All are also welcome to visit the chapel at Massachusetts General Hospital, which is adjacent to Mass Eye and Ear’s Boston main campus.
Spiritual Care and Music Therapy have collaborated to create a relaxation/reflection videos with original music. Take some time for yourself. Listen, relax and enjoy.
- The Seasons
- Relaxing in Nature
- A New Day
- For Healing
- Closing the Day
- Thoughts on Coping
- Personal Life Celebrations
- Communal Celebrations
- Rainbow Reflections
- After a Loss
- Fostering Patience
- Finding Balance
- Looking Back, Looking Forward One Year After COVID
- Celebrating Diversity
- A Matter of Perspective